enFAMILIA is a 10 year old organization who dedicates its time to be an instrument for dads and moms so they can improve their relationship with their children, build healthy family relationships, examine and preserve cultural values, and enrich the quality of life through education and the arts.
enFAMILIA is a 10 year old organization who dedicates its time to be an instrument for dads and moms so they can improve their relationship with their children. The organization seeks to build healthy family relationships, examine and preserve cultural values, and enrich the quality of life through education and the arts. The curriculums used to educate the parents are researched based and combines psychology and the skills needed to evaluate and improve parenting. The fathers and mothers learn how to discipline with love, communicate with respect, evaluate their values and deal in an appropriate way with stress. Also if other services are needed such as counseling, domestic violence prevention, health, legal aid, etc they are referred to the different partners. enFAMILIA partnership includes Centro Campesino, the SOS program within the Homestead Police Department, the Gear-Up program with Florida International University, the Department of Education with the University of Miami and the WeCare of South Florida.
- The Fatherhood Program has helped 1,250 parents to improve their relationships with their 3,125 children since 2006.
- Since 2006, 1,250 parents have increased their awareness on domestic violence.
- 600 parents have increased their knowledge about child abuse prevention and custody issues.
- This year enFAMILIA has completed a Fatherhood curriculum intended to serve better our migrant working and low-income families in the area
- Since 2007, 732 parents have become better parents for their 1,830 children through other parenting programs offered by enFAMILIA.
- Since 2003, 1,050 middle and high school students have benefited from our Art Summer Camps, most of these children come from the families served by enFAMILIA.
enFAMILIA will be using its partnerships with more than 42 agencies that include Community Based and Faith based organizations, 8 local after school programs (about 1000 students), and 7 local schools to expand and initiate new services such a parent resource centers, ESL programs and mentoring programs for parents and the youth. Also, a new Fatherhood program initiative will be implemented to Fathers send by the Court system in a Batterers Intervention Program.
Learn more about enFAMILIA.